Thursday, October 11, 2012

#Friday Fictioneers Whitewash

Dear readers and writers,

Time for Friday's 100 word response to a photo posted by Madison Woods (http://madison-woods.com) along with others all over the world.  I always appreciate any input to make the writing better along with reactions to the content.  Cheers, Lorelei

Whitewash

No teenagers live here, so my chances of selling off the whitewash opportunity are nil.  This whole wall has to be done by tonight, Nico said.  I wanted to go to school today too.  We were going to see a movie about pirates but of course, he has to have the back of the inn whitewashed.  And for whom?  Who will ever see it in this narrow street back here, except for old Stefanos and his donkey picking up the trash barrels?  Of course, his daughter Maria sometimes comes along.  Okay, I'm getting to work.  But first, let's see how I can make my hair come to a point.

19 comments:

janet said...

The Greek Tom Sawyer? Enjoyed it.

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

There's a young man with his priorities in tact. I really enjoyed this one, Lorelei.

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

8

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

afOcne

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

406Glad the young man has his priorities straight. Entertaining story, Lorelei.

Anonymous said...

Hi Loreli,
Loved the opening allusion to Tom Sawyer and the whole idea about the whitewash because, to me, the whites dominated this photo. Fun story! Ron

Russell said...

I hate jobs like that, but if Maria shows it may be worth it. Nice use of the prompt.

I'm here
http://russellgayer.wordpress.com/

Anne Orchard said...

This was a great lighthearted take on the prompt. I love how you followed his train of thought (and that he had read Tom Sawyer).

Sandra Crook said...

I like a man who can see an opportunity in everything. Nice work.

Reading Pleasure said...

I like the Tom Sawyer angle. Mine is here: http://readinpleasure.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/fridayfictioneers-i-want-out/

Unknown said...

I like your take on the prompt...hopefully Maria shows. Thanks so much for stopping by mine

Anonymous said...

This made me chuckle right to the end where he is vain enough to worry about his hair. I guess he's hoping to bump into Maria. Nice work.

Lora said...

Not sure this went through. Trying again. It would help if you deleted Captcha.

This gave me a chuckle, right to the end where he is vain enough to worry about his hair. Probably hoping to bump into Maria.

rich said...

evidence that the generations are changing. well done.

Shirley said...

Kids! Gotta love them. Nicely done.

Danny Bowman said...

That story was a lot of fun. Brought back long-ago memories of reading Tom Sawyer. Hope the kid gets to go out after all!

Anonymous said...

Awww - I like this kid. And I'm wondering how his hair turned out.

Abraham Gumba said...

Interesting angle - the wall rather than the alley :-)

Well written.

http://babaamor.wordpress.com

Douglas MacIlroy said...

A fantastic take on the photo. Samuel Clemens would have enjoyed it, too.

Aloha,

Doug

(The whole 'prove you're not a robot thing that blogspot makes you go through to comment is offputting. Slogging through it now. Pray for me.)